Double To A Million Plan: Double A Penny - Step 20 - Oh, the pain!

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Double A Penny - Step 20 - Oh, the pain!

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps
DTAMP - Double To A Million Plan Blog

I did not want to write this post. It is times like this that not only does it feel like the enthusiasm dries up, it feels like it got burned away by a super nova. I find it hard and painful to write what I am about to write. As Dr. Smith said on Lost in Space, "Oh, the pain...the pain!

I have had a major loss with the DTAMP funds. I was stupid. I was even given a second chance to take a negligible loss, almost nothing. But instead I held on to take a BIG one.

I got into a trade with KWK, shortly after the last cancer operation. I wouldn't wait.

I got in at $13.90. It never went up from there. The markets tanked, the flash crash came. Things went from bad to worse and I rode it all the way down. It got as low as $10.53 .

It was a scary ride down. I never should have done it. But it finally turned and went back up, getting as high as $13.84 . Only six cents from where I got in.

It hit $13.84 again on Monday at the exact time I was at the doctor getting the BCG cancer treatment. By the time I got home it was down and I still held it. After that it just went down and no matter how hard I tried I just could not take the stress of another leg down.

So I sold at a loss. Below is the final tally.

DTAMP Equities Plan Report:

05/04/10 - Buy - 319 shares of KWK @ $13.90 p/s - Total $4434.10
06/24/10 - Sold - 319 shares of KWK @ $12.041 p/s - Total $3841.08
Total (-$593.02) + ($17.97) Fees = (-$610.99)
Net Loss of (-13.75159)% in the Amount of (-$610.99)


To the best of my recollection it is the worst loss DTAMP has suffered in the nearly four years. The problem is a major one as without trading stock it is highly unlikely I will do anything else that could give DTAMP the opportunity to reach the goal of one million dollars.

When losses like this occur I usually re-examine what I am doing and take a hard look at myself to see what may need to change. I got out of this trade because the stress of it was taking away from my process of healing. I came to the conclusion that my health and perhaps life was more important than the money I would make or lose on this.

But now, I muse, what will the future hold for DTAMP if I do not trade the stake. Without trading more than likely DTAMP will slow down to almost a crawl and realistically it will probably die of boredom and inactivity.

I feel I am at a crossroads.


Present Stake:$3845.15

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Slogan: As Simple As Finding A Penny.

Theme Song: Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

Regards,

Xinfinitum

This Double A Penny Blog is based upon the Doubling Method "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". Using the Doubling Rule it is an attempt to "Double Your Way to a Million" by going from one penny to a million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching $1,000,000.

Double Your Way To A MillionHow to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 StepsD.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan
"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stielle said...

Hey X,
Do not feel bad about this loss! Heck, you've seen my yo-yo routine over at ThinAirMillionaire over the last year. Stuff happens and when it does we figure out new ways to move on.

I have a new saying I recently came up with: "Adversity is the mother of motivation."

Use this to move on with your step.

Still rootin for ya in our prayers.

~ Stielle (aka sprundit on doublers den)

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

X, keep the loss in perspective. Yes it is relatively large but, given that your health has been your priority, not insurmountable. Maybe just focus on getting better for the immediate future until you are done your treatments.

For those that may be interested, Swagbucks is great! With almost no effort, I am at $50 on Amazon gift cards and $20 in PayPal. X decided to try it because I was posting my successes with it. A free program for residents of Canada, the UK and the USA that produces no SPAM...and you get real world items...WOW!! Sign up under X and enjoy stretching your budget or adding to your fund. Either way, it is a great way to make a little extra and help X gain back some ground!!

I keep you in my thoughts X!!

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thank you Stielle and Blondie for the encouragement, thoughts and prayers.

I think taking a step back and focusing on getting better is the best thing I could do at this point. It has been what my wife has been trying to get me to do.

I think I am ready for that.

When I am healthier I can reassess the situation and move forward again.

Thanks,
Xinfinitum

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home