Double To A Million Plan: Double A Penny - Step 20 - I Get Knocked Down

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Double A Penny - Step 20 - I Get Knocked Down

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps
DTAMP - Double To A Million Plan Blog


But I Get Up Again........


I Get Knocked Down - Song
I Get Knocked Down - Lyrics




Your Never Gonna Keep Me Down! Ahhhhh, the cycles in Life.

I must confess from time to time the thoughts of quiting DTAMP come into my mind. I get tired and worn out and maybe a bit discouraged. But just about the time that happens, something comes along that says "It is All Worth It!".

More than the money, perhaps what I am doing is encouraging and inspiring someone else in this life and that makes it much more valuable to me. The money is nice but life is far more than how many coins I can rub together.

Something came along at just one of those times that encouraged me and I wanted to say thanks for sending the email.

From: Dave B........
To: Double To A Million Plan
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: Double To A Million Plan

You're tenacity is amazing! I'm enjoying how you've added to your stake using different methods as time goes by. The stock trading makes for a good read, for sure. But I love how you never fail to mention, for example, that you "found a dime at Burger King..." My guess is that when you reach your million dollars (which i'm sure you will), the day after, you will still find a penny or a nickel or a dime, or an empty bottle or can by the side of the road-- and be off to your second million! Keep up the good work!

Here is the most current report on DTAMP since my last post:

I turned in 155 Aluminum Cans at Stop & Shop for recycling and received $7.75 for the DTAMP stake.

I also found ($0.02) on the floor of Burger King and McDonalds. My wife had this week off from work and we went out to eat way to much. That has got to stop. I gained 5 pounds in the last month.

When I was younger, teens, twenties and into my thirties I was very slim. Very, very slim and people would make fun of me all the time. They would say if I turned sideways and stuck out my tongue I would look like a zipper. They usually weighed a normal amount, like 175 lbs, so I looked really skinny to them at 120lbs. But eventually I started to gain weight and got up to 165-170 pounds.

At last, I thought, now I wouldn't be skinny anymore. But life cheated me out of that. Now everyone weighs 250 to 350 lbs and they still call me skinny. I guess it just goes to show everything is relative.

I try to keep the Burger King meal small. I order my usual: A Small Number Four, with cheese, without Onions. They seem to like me there and I am the only customer that is allowed to get a 20% discount, that is what the manager told me. I am not sure why. Maybe they think I am starving to death cause I am so skinny.

Present Stake: $2974.91

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.
Slogan: As Simple As Finding A Penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum



This Double A Penny Blog is based upon the Doubling Method "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". Using the Doubling Rule it is an attempt to "Double Your Way to a Million" by going from one penny to a million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching $1,000,000.

Double Your Way To A Million
How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan

"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Luke Sidewalker said...

Good to see you are still plugging away Xinfinitum. I have had an offer that when the Sidewalker Fund gets $20 I can by a pizza voucher with that $20 that is worth $30 to redeem and sell it for $25 to my benefactor. Not strictly what Sidewalker is all about but that kind of return is compelling!

-Luke Sidewalker

Monday, June 01, 2009 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thanks Luke.

I hope you reach the $20.00 soon to work your Pizza deal.

Where Pizza is involved it is all good to me. :)

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Monday, June 01, 2009 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home