Double To A Million Plan: Double A Penny - Step 20 - The Eagle Has Landed

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Double A Penny - Step 20 - The Eagle Has Landed

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps
DTAMP - Double To A Million Plan Blog


I made the first trade of 2010 and it was mildly successful.

It could have been a lot better but I just could not wait and did not follow my plan to hold longer term.

I had been watching this Stock for awhile: Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc.(NasdaqGS: EGLE)

The stock has been swinging up and down and looked promising for a DTAMP trade. I had been waiting for it to drop to around $4.50 although I wasn't sure it would get down there.

On January 4th, 2010 the stock popped up a little and I decided to jump in. I got it at $5.25, which was higher than I really wanted it, but I had a feeling it was going to keep going at that point.

I was planning on holding it until it got up into the $6.50 - $6.75 range. But I just couldn't do it. I sold it off at $5.54 instead.

The next day it kept going up hitting a high of $5.89. :-(

A profit of $196.01 is not bad for DTAMP.

DTAMP Equities Plan Report:

01/04/10 - Buy - 738 shares of EGLE @ $5.25 p/s - Total $3874.50
01/07/10 - Sold - 738 shares of EGLE @ $5.54 p/s - Total $4088.52
Total ($214.02) - ($18.01) Fees = ($196.01)
Net Gain of (+5.04732)% in the Amount of ($196.01)

I finally made it over the $4000.00 mark for the first time.

Step 21 is so close I can almost taste it.

Present Stake: $4088.47

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.
Slogan: As Simple As Finding A Penny.
Theme Song: Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

Regards,

Xinfinitum



This Double A Penny Blog is based upon the Doubling Method "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". Using the Doubling Rule it is an attempt to "Double Your Way to a Million" by going from one penny to a million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching $1,000,000.

Double Your Way To A Million
How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan

"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Tax preparation said...

The Eagle is Ended. Its To a Million Plan

Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Congratulations on breaking the $4000 barrier. Just started doubling myself (found first penny yesterday. Ii decided to create a blog about it you can see it here:
http://million-for-free.blogspot.com/

Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Eagle got up a little over $6.00 a share then pulled back to around where I sold it.

Going to have to watch it for awhile.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Matt,

I wish you success on your doubling journey.

I added your blog to my comrades in doubling. A link back would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Xinfinitum

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Rain-Sky-River said...

Xinfinitum,

I wanted you to know that I have read your whole journey --- and I find you to be quite an inspiration and one of the only people who have continued on the doubling journey for any length of time with so much integrity --- commend yourself for that! I appreciate what you are doing.

I am a Canadian - and I started playing the game at the beginning of December last year -- I find it very fun - and I am looking forward to getting into the larger dollars. In my home town, I play the game with two other women - and my main person who told me about the game is from New Zealand - and she and I correspond regularly and share our stories.

I have started a blog to record some of the steps along the journey because I really liked yours - I liked the pictures of your found penny and objects. Mine is very simple - more just like a journal but I hoped to inspire others just like you did for me.

I truely hope that your year goes much better -

I read a very good quote yesterday that you may find helpful -

"When you focus on what's wrong - you get more of what's wrong. Conversely, when you focus on what's right - you get more of what's right."

from the book - Think or Sink by Gina Mollicone-Long

My best to you.

rain-sky-river

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Rain-Sky-River,

Thanks for you comment. I am glad that I have inspired you in your Doubling journey. I appreciate you letting me know that. :-)

I will add your Journal/Blog to my "Comrades in Doubling" section. If you can please link back to me.
Thanks.

I wish you success in playing the game.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Thursday, January 21, 2010 11:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Matt Z said...

Many Congrats Xin.

Your perseverance seems to be paying off! I hope your success continues :)

Falin.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thanks Falin.

Perseverance does seem to be a crucial part of being a Doubler.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Monday, January 25, 2010 9:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Luke Sidewalker said...

Great way to start 2010 Xin. I have a good feeling this year for you. Be careful of choppy waters when playing the stock market though. Luke Sidewalker can only bailout so many people!

Good luck,
Your Comrade,

-Luke Sidewalker

Monday, January 25, 2010 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thanks Luke. I hope your feelings are accurate and 2010 is a glorious year.

Bailout. hehehe :-)

I do have to watch out with the trading. It can be dangerous for DTAMP. I will watch my step as best I can.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

Hi Xinfinitum,

Thank you for the comment and link. I found your blog the main inspiration for starting my own challenge and really enjoyed reading through all the posts right from the beginning!

Well done on getting as far as you have done - keep up the good work!

Regards
Colin

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Colin,

Thanks.

I am glad that the DTAMP blog has been an inspiration for you to start doubling.

May you have tremendous success.

Regards,
Xinifinitum

Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Congrats X! You are plodding along but, as others have said, your perserverance is definitely taking you onward and upward...)

Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thanks Blondie. :-)

I am looking at it like, if I keep on going I will eventually make it or die trying, which ever comes first.

If I stop I will guarantee myself never making it.

There are times when I think about quiting, but those thoughts pass and I plod along a little bit more.

The smaller goals kind of keep me focused. For instance, all I need to do is get to $5,000 . I think, I already made around $4,000 of it, whats a thousand more. So I keep trying.

Thanks for the encouragement Blondie and everyone else!!!

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Friday, January 29, 2010 5:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Ford said...

Hello
I've been playing the game since September last year. Up to $100.00 so far. Its really encouraging to find people playing. I know its worthwhile to continue.
Thanks

Ford

Friday, February 05, 2010 9:31:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Ford,

Glad to meet another Doubler.

You are doing great. Keep at it.

Here's to your success!

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Saturday, February 06, 2010 9:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home