Double To A Million Plan: Step 17 - It was an Accident - Part II

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Friday, April 20, 2007

Step 17 - It was an Accident - Part II

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps
The Official Blog for the "My One Million Friends" Website

It is interesting how unexpected events can lead to surprise opportunities or windfalls.

As you know, if you read my story of the Accident in my last post, I was involved in a strange automobile mishap.

There were a few odd things about the accident I want to share, that I had left out in the first part of the story.

After the two women were extricated from the car, I noticed that one of them wasn’t wearing any shoes. She came out in stocking feet. She kept asking us if we would go and get her shoes. I went and looked into the cab of the pickup and saw one shoe, tied, but unreachable, unless I climbed into the truck. With the truck lying precariously on its side, no one wanted to climb in and get them. I couldn’t tell whether the shoes had fallen off her or she had been driving with no shoes.

One of the neighbors told their teenage son to run up to the house to get something and when he came back he had a pair of bright pink fuzzy slippers. All the while, the woman who had been the driver, kept saying that she didn’t have her driver’s license with her. The woman passenger lit up a cigarette and was standing there shaking. I later thought that having a lit cigarette near a turned over truck, that could have a gas leak or fumes, probably was not too good of an idea. But at the time I think everyone was a bit shocked.

I think the woman driver was in shock, because here she was without shoes, no license, standing in the street wearing bright pink fuzzy slippers and chain smoking and seemingly not realizing how funny the situation looked. It was a bit humorous now that I look back on it. If it wasn’t for the fact it was an auto accident, I think I would have thought it funny at the time.

Anyways, when I got home, I remembered seeing a ton of change (coins) laying all around the cab of the truck. I mean a huge amount of it. As a result of the roll over change flew out of every secluded spot in that truck into the cab . Even though the truck was on its side, the open ashtray was still filled with coins. A lot of the coins were lying on the down side of the vehicle. I couldn’t remember if the drivers side window was open or not.

I started to think and mentioned to my wife that we should go back to the accident scene to see if any of that change may have come out when they pulled that truck over and out of the ditch.

So the next day we went out for lunch and stopped at the place of the accident. I went over and went into the ditch and low and behold there was a ton of change sitting on the ground. It was spread over a two foot long area about five inches wide. I started picking it up and putting into my coat pocket along with the sticks and leaves that it was mixed in with. I figured if I didn’t salvage it, it would be lost there forever.

I brought it home and cleaned it off and will be adding the total found to my “Stake”.

An Accounting of the Salvaged Change:

37 Quarters = $9.25
79 Dimes = $7.90
56 Nickels = $2.80
150 Pennies = $1.50

Total = $21.45 and one brass screw picked up accidently.

One of the pennies was a 1945 Wheat Penny. Here is a picture of the recovered coins.


Present Stake: $353.24

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum


The rule of Doubling Pennies can be found in the Doubling Plan "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". It is an attempt to Double Your Way to a Million by going from one penny to one million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching the Double Million.

How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan

"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I've noticed since beginning my Doubling Project is that it's funny how Lady Luck seems to turn up in the most unlikely places. This is a perfect example of that.

Arkad
The Richest Man in Atherstone

Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:17:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thats true Arkad.

You never know when something great may come your way, even when it is fishtailing straight at you. I think the whole thing was pretty neat. :)

Xinfinitum

Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home