Double To A Million Plan: Step 16 - The Day before.....

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Step 16 - The Day before.....

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps

'Twas the day before the night before Christmas, when I recycled some cans
Millers and Budweisers and all kinds of brands;
To fatten my stake that I doubled from a penny,
That started with but one but soon would be many.

I crammed in one can then crammed in some more,
while watching the readout keep track of my score;
The money kept rising, as they went into the gap,
whilst hearing the crunching just like bubble wrap,

When suddenly the machine started making such a clatter,
I looked into the hole to see the crux of the matter.
I then ran down the aisle to get a store clerk,
He opened the machine and said "now it should work".

I was ready once more to start shredding and crushing
I tried to be calm but found myself rushing,
This time it seemed all to work like a charm,
Until the machine started eating my arm.

In a knee jerk reaction I pulled it back quick,
as I thought to myself "You can't be that thick".
I started loading the box, it took it fast as they came,
I got so excited I called out each can by name;

"Now, Schaefer! now, Sam Adams! now, Miller and Coor's Light!
In, Falstaff! in Fosters! in, Red Dog and Stroh's Light!
To doubling my pouch, to increasing my "Stake"!
Till carrying my money makes my back ache!"

With metal a grinding, the empty cans tear,
the poor little containers haven't a prayer,
One after another they meet their demise,
Through the crunching and squashing I barely hear their goodbyes.

It seems unending the number of cans that I crush,
But soon it will end and no more will I squash.
That fateful moment quickly approaches I fear,
when there will be no more cans free of beer.

And then, I now realize, theres’ no cans in the bag
This realization, I find, is such a drag.
I reached up my hand, to press the green switch,
Down out of the front the ticket pops with a twitch.

A slight anticlimax can be felt as I stare
at that little red ticket in my hand lying there.
But I must accept that the end is at hand,
after all that is what I always had planned.

I went to the store owner to turn in my claim,
to wrap this all up and finish the game.
He accepted my tickets and gave me a smile,
Then produced the cash with flair and extraordinary style.

After the exchange, I jumped into my car,
I started to drive but didn't get far.
When I heard him exclaim, as I drove out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night."

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum


This Doubling Blog is based upon the Doubling Plan "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". It is an attempt to "Double Your Way to a Million" by going from one penny to one million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching $1,000,000.

How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan


"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An absolutely fantastic piece of prose, Xinfinitum. A very enjoyable read.

Have a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year :)

Saturday, December 23, 2006 6:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost makes taking cans and bottles back seem enjoyable! lol

Very nice work and here is to you having a very Merry Christmas in your neck of the woods.

Scott
double2mil.blogspot.com

Monday, December 25, 2006 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas to all.

Xinfinitum

Monday, December 25, 2006 2:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home