Double To A Million Plan: Step Fourteen - Part One

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Step Fourteen - Part One

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps

The Dreaded Lull

Since Step Fourteen began things have slowed down. One idea I had and began to work on started to not feel right and it seems I am going to have to abandon it. This has slowed me down some.

In addition a lot of activities that had to be accomplished have taken up my time and I have not been able to focus on DTAMP as much as I would have liked to.

I did find or was given some change, Five Cents($0.05), so far during this Step but thats it.

Presently I am at $40.05 and hopefully learning some patience.

Lessons:

(1). It seems that every once in a while a lull will come and finding or making money for the experiment slows down. This can be a frustrating time but I believe that this period is important. Timing is everything and sometimes making money takes patience and waiting for the perfect situation to present itself.

One of the things that has always hindered me in regards to success is my impatience. I was never willing to wait for the perfect opportunity or situation to come up. I always had to be doing something and if you are always busy trying to do something you will miss what may have been something great.

Most people have to be motivated to do something, it seems, at least that is what all the books on "How to get rich" tell you. Most people are lazy, they say, and it is because of that that they never get anywhere. But there is the other kind of people, like myself, that have found that kind of advice very detrimental. I kept trying to do things and when there was a lull I would try to do more things and then I would read the books that said "You are not doing enough" and I would do even more things. Despite the fact I was doing all these things, nothing was happening. In fact not only was nothing happening I was rolling down the hill of failure as a result.

It is only now after years, decades in fact, of suffering with failure, that I am beginning to see that doing things all the time is a recipe for disaster. Sometimes you must wait and be patient for the right thing to come along. You have to have faith that it will come along and you won't be left high and dry. This advice is for those of us who can't wait, go crazy when there is a lull in the activity or feel that if nothing is happening then something must be wrong.

It is sort of like a baseball player that swings at every pitch. That is not a good idea. He needs to wait for the pitch that he feels is just right for him to get a piece of or else he will strike out. Not every pitch or opportunity is a good one even though they may all have the same appearance for the most part.

You have to believe that even if you let an opportunity go by an even better one will come along shortly.

Be very selective in what you choose to do and do not panic if it seems that there is nothing for you to do at the present time or if an opportunty that seems like a great idea suddenly loses its luster. There will be times that an opportunity appears to be really great but after a period of time its flaws and problems begin to show up. Do not be afraid to abandon the project if it starts to give you that uncomfortable feeling. It may be difficult to give up the project because it is the only thing that you got going at the present time. You have to follow your gut feel and let it go and have faith that another opportunity will be coming along soon.

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum



"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home