Double To A Million Plan: August 15th, 2006 - Step Eight Completed

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Thursday, September 14, 2006

August 15th, 2006 - Step Eight Completed

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps


According to Rule # Six when doing:


"How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps"

you must keep a Diary, Log or Record of the events including the date and method(s) of achieving each Step.

I kind of wish I had started this Blog a little earlier because it has turned out that I had written pretty extensive logs and now trying to get caught up is proving to be time consuming.

Although it appears that some of the Rules seem esoteric in some ways I believe that with deeper insight interesting psychological evidence may be exposed.

For this particular Rule some of the reasons are more obvious such as keeping a record of the money and the date each Step was accomplished for progress analysis.

In addition I think another reason could be as a self-enforcing testimony and historical foundational tool. The log shows how far you have come and encourages you to keep going. Without the Log we would have a tendency to forget what transpired until it is just a vague recollection. Having it written down allows it to give a concrete structure that will not fade like a memory.

This Log can be used to encourage others as well, showing that it can be done.

It is also excellent for recording ideas that although you may not use in the present could be used in the future and if not recorded could be forgotten.

The log, I am finding is a central part of this entire experiment and without it the journey would be far duller in many ways.

In regards to completion, I was able to complete Step #8 by finding some bottles and cans and redeeming them for the nickel deposit.

Lessons:

(1). I can see how there are many basic lessons about finances and money that a child could learn doing this experiment. It would be a great tool for a parent to go through this exercise with a child to teach them in a practical way the lessons of honesty, perspective on money, money-management, following the rules, universal financial principles of the the most basic and advanced kind.

The parent would need to go through it with the child teaching the child the many different lessons that can be learned along the way. It could be a fantastic, exciting interactive teaching/learning experience for the parent and child or even a teacher and students. It doesn't need to go up to a Million but it could be worked on up to a Thousand dollars, just enough to make it look like the goal is way beyond the child's reach so that they would have that challenge to work on.

(2). In a way I am glad this experiment is moving slowly, I want to travel through each step and learn the lessons that can be learned. Leap frogging through (apart from finding a large amount of money) the steps would cause me to miss the lessons available by going through each step. When I first started I was hoping to accelerate through the process but now as I have been proceeding I can see that I would miss a lot of valuable experience and insights not going through all the steps.

(3). After collecting on the beer bottles I stopped into the store where I had found the first penny that started me on this journey. It was kind of strange because there was an aura of reminiscences. Now that I was going onto Step Nine I was fondly recalling the earlier good old days of Step One. Although it was about two weeks ago I feel I changed so much as a result of undertaking this experiment that it seemed like a long period of time had passed. This experiment is very powerful and has changed my outlook on money in general and I can see how it is beginning to deal with any issues or hangups I had been struggling with regarding dealing with money. It is a powerful project to undertake and I think that anyone that tries it will learn many things and benefit immensely.

(4). Picking up those beer bottles and planning on picking up all the beer bottles and cans I can find on my road gives me a sense of pride in that I am helping my community. Cleaning up the local environment of trash makes the area more beautiful and pristine. I live in a rural area on a dirt road and the trash just robs everyone of the beauty of the nature that can be enjoyed. This experiment seems to reach into all areas of life. It is becoming less and less about the money and more about what consequences are resulting from conducting the experiment.

(5). One consequence is my wife and I have been having fun running around looking for what is akin to hidden or buried treasure. This is like a treasure hunt and that is always alot of fun especially when you discover the treasure. The treasures we find might not be large but they can be alot of fun to find. It is the only time I have seen that finding a penny can make you feel like you just discovered something worth a fortune.

Step Eight was now complete: $1.28

To see the step by step action of the events of Step Eight check out the "Time Line."

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum



"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

1 Comments:

Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Sackjo,

I am glad to hear that you are reading my Blog. I hope if you try this Experiment you will enjoy the interesting journey it takes you on.

Good Luck,
-Xinfinitum-

Thursday, September 14, 2006 5:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home