Double To A Million Plan: August 26th, 2006 - Step Eleven Completed

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Friday, September 15, 2006

August 26th, 2006 - Step Eleven Completed

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps


On August 22nd, 2006 I picked up three garbage bags of beer bottles and cans in a short area (maybe an eighth of a mile) of the road I live on. I haven't counted them yet but it is a lot for such a short distance. On the way back home after picking up the car at the repair shop there was a fresh can of beer back in the place I just cleaned up, which means in less then an hour someone threw more garbage on the side of the road. Unbelievable.

After counting the bottles and cans it looks like there may be enough to complete Step Eleven but I will not know until I bring them in to the store for the "return". I collected 100 bottles and cans.

100 Bottles and Cans

In some ways I am grateful because without these people throwing out their garbage I would not be moving along quite nicely with my Double to a Million Plan. In other ways I wish they wouldn't do it because it is so destructive and just plain ugly.

On August 26th, 2006 I "Returned" over 103 bottles and cans for $5.15 completing Step Eleven.

I decided to be a bit artistic and promote "D.T.A.M.P." the "Double To A Million Plan" using the Bottles and Cans.

DTAMP Bottles and Cans

In this trade I received the First Five dollar bill since starting the Double To A Million Plan.

First Five Dollar Bill

This Step I did have a small amount of overhead. I had to rent garbage bags to be used to collect up the bottles and cans for Fifteen cents($0.15). If these bags are ruined in the process of collecting I will be forced to pay more money to cover them.

One of the Rules of the Free Report: How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps is Rule #7. Rule number Seven, described as "The Most Important Rule" and rightly so because of the deep psychological impact ignoring it will bring an experimenter, is a rule that can be difficult to adhere to.

It is stated: Don't worry about how you are going to manage future doublings. Concentrate only on the current doubling.

Practicing this Rule will make the process much more enjoyable but it takes discipline.

Lessons:

(1). The main lesson that keeps getting driven home is the need to focus only on the present step. It is a temptation to begin to allow your mind to drift to farther steps down the line and when you do that discouragement will immediately take hold and bring you down. One has to exercise their mind to stay focused on the present step and practice that exercise anytime the temptation comes up. Sometimes you may see someone else who is doing the plan move ahead of you by coming up with a clever idea you had not thought of or they may even bend the rules a little to get ahead. These events may cause you to take your eyes off the present step and start thinking of ways to make money that you are not in a position to do because you yet lack funds to do so or to do so would mean violating the rules.

Anytime this happens you will need to clear you mind of all those distractions and return to thinking about the step you are presently on and how you can accomplish that step alone.

(2). Along with the temptation to think ahead there is also the temptation to look back as well to earlier steps and wishing you could still be doing the things that worked back then. When I was walking around at a Walmart/Hannaford's Mall and I couldn't find any money on the ground at all, I found myself getting depressed and irritated. As I thought about it I realized that I was looking back to the accomplishments of earlier steps when picking up coins from the "treasure hunting" days, was the fun thing to do that was getting me through the steps. Looking back lead me to discouragement just as easily as looking to the future steps did.

I found it is imparative to stay focused on the step you are on not only to not be discouraged by looking ahead or back but so that there is more time to enjoy the step you are on. Each step can be fun if you can keep your mind focused on it and not suffer the distractions of looking to the past or future steps. Enjoy the step you are on because it won't be around very long.

Step Eleven was now complete: $10.00

More detail regarding the accounting of Step Eleven can be found in the "Time Line."

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum



"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home