Double To A Million Plan: Double A Penny - Step 20 - Don't Provoke A Klingon

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Double A Penny - Step 20 - Don't Provoke A Klingon

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps
DTAMP - Double To A Million Plan Blog


The Klingons and Romulans never really got along and this little Galactic incident isn't going to make things any better.

You see my wife gets the Better Homes and Gardens magazine and I happen to be sitting around and picked it up to entertain myself. I opened to the inside back cover of the May 2009 Issue and was surprised at what I saw.

Kellogg's had a full page advertisement for their cereal and especially for what you would find inside the box of specially marked packages.

In wonderful living color Star Trek Beam up Badges lit up the page with Tony the Tiger's hand held in the familiar split fingers Vulcan hand sign, the connotation being "Live Long and Prosper".

Neat, I thought, as my old Star Trek memories came flooding back. I gotta get me some of those. But it was going to be hard seeing I am lactose intolerant (can't drink milk) and allergic to sugar (Frosted Flakes has a heap of sugar). So eating cereal is a real risk, but I will do it anyways just to get some of those stinkin badges.

But then I noticed "It" at least unconsciously, in the back of my mind "something" was saying there is "something" desperately wrong here. After studying it and the nagging feeling that "something" wasn't quite right continued, it began to make its way into my conscious mind.

They had it wrong. Someone had labeled the Klingon badge as being the Romulan and the Romulan Badge as being Klingon. Ohhhhhhh Myyyyy.



Wow, I thought, I wonder if I am the only one that has caught this faux pas. This is not going to help diplomatic relations or galactic peace between the Klingons and the Romulans.

As a side note, that really has nothing to do with Klingon Shakespeare ("Shakespeare is good in English, but you need to read him in the original Klingon ...") or Romulan Ale, one of my favorite errors regarding the use of the Klingon language is Frasier at Freddie's Bar Mitzvah.

"Frasier Speaks Klingon"

Back to DTAMP. I wanted to introduce a new Doubling friend. Proverbs Woman read though every post on my blog and even caught an error that I would have never found. Thank you, thank you , thank you (in my best Gomer Pyle impression).

She has been working at Doubling for a while. Please visit Her Blog at:

"The Proverbs Woman - Penny Millions"

I did take my wife out for the Chinese Dinner to celebrate going from Step 19 to Step 20 and use the $35.10 that was an overage in that transition. Total cost was $35.83 with Tip. The meal was great, we had General Gao's Chicken, Pork Fried Rice, Chicken Fingers, Chicken Teriyaki, Pork Lo Mein and Wonton and Hot and Sour Soup, oh yes and that great tea.

Although it was expensive we did get about 6 meals out of it for left overs, so each meal cost about $5.97 each. I tend to be frugal even when splurging.

I forgot to bring home my fortune from the fortune cookie but it was relevant to my present situation, as it usually is.

I haven't made any money for DTAMP. I am in another trade with NLY and at one point I was up around $60.00 but didn't take it. I had gotten a certified letter that day with typically disturbing news and this threw me and I started to mess up with trading.

I ended up getting stuck in two trade, one personal, that has been a going badly as well.

When trading one must seclude themself from outside stimuli. Distractions and troubles will foul you up. The problem is trouble seems to track you down, it is very rude and obnoxious. The worst possible thing that can happen seems to always happen at the worst possible time. You can almost count on it.

So the latest Doubling Trade is holding me up. I almost got out on Friday when there was about $7.00 profit but I decided to hold it in case it shot up. Instead it collapsed.

Lets see how next week goes for it.

Live Long and Prosper!


Present Stake: $2694.10

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.
Slogan: As Simple As Finding A Penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum



This Double A Penny Blog is based upon the Doubling Method "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". Using the Doubling Rule it is an attempt to Double Your Way to a Million by going from one penny to a million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching $1,000,000.

Double Your Way To A Million
How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan

"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Thank you for mentioning me in your blog. I really appreciate that.

I am more a J.R.R. Tolkien kind of person (more for fantasy vs. SciFi), but I have definitely watched my share of Star Trek (the next generation)... I will have to pass this faux pas onto some of my trekkie friends... I bet it'll keep 'em up a couple of nights!

um.. my husband knows all too well the trouble you speak of when trading... He's been caught on several occasions speaking to the computer... We smile and nod at him and then go about our business.

Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Your welcome.

I was a big Star Trek fan in my youth. Built some of the equipment out of scratch, built the Captains chair, with my Parents help. I came home one day and they were reupholstering the old chair a neighbor gave me. My Star Trek collection was pretty big for a teenager in the early 70's. Went to Halloween parties dressed in my Star Trek Uniform. :)

My goal in life was to be the Captain of a Starship. I never made it.

My goodness I was a geek. hehe

Trading is a very tough thing to do.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Monday, April 27, 2009 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a firm believer that geekiness is the the way to be. I myself am a dork and proud of it. And, my son is a self proclaimed nerd. He makes his Momma proud! :D

Monday, April 27, 2009 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

All I will say is:
.
.
Dorker's Club of America:)

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Monday, April 27, 2009 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

:)

-Xin-

Monday, April 27, 2009 11:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha!!! that was great!! I'm going to have to share that!

Monday, April 27, 2009 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm resisting the urge to click on that link. might find i already have lifetime membership.

anyway, as usual random tidbits:

first off i'm rather impressed w/ your "inner voice's" batting avg. amazing.

2ndly, are you prepared to wait long enough or do a stop-loss when something unforseen happens?

what i've heard is that random rewards generate more loyalty. think "gambling." i believe the stock mkt is as close to that as poss even if we decieve ourselves by saying it is not.

that said, i am very interested in your big wins in the mkt. ;oP

but, as little as i know about the actual "plan," i feel you should be starting a biz instead.

rather than "grind out" your returns, you might consider other "investments" that might take a lot longer to plan and a lot longer to complete, but should prove to have better ROI. they also, might prove to take less time as it seems grinding away in the mkt takes time to actually double ones original stake.

to be fair and "give back" i'll give away something that i think you and your readers might be able to get together and do something with. ( if i had a penny from each of you that just rolled your eyes! )

Tele-Novela!

yes, i'm serious. start w/ a short story and go with it. there's got to be a way to take your journey and cash in on it! write a soap opera!

what? more eye rolling!?! ;o)

another potential "investment" would be to spend some money on skool or a class or something that would give you more tools to enjoy life and poss improve your doubling.

FINALLY, ONE LAST comment:

to quote you, "My goal in life was to be the Captain of a Starship. I never made it."

i hate to be the one to break this to you, but any reports as to your death are exaggerations! ( unless, of course, you're witholding some info. )

so, i very much wish you the best in accomplishing this goal. perhaps those of us with the "right stuff" could serve. but PLS do not kill us off just because we're not regulars or have official "names."

ty and good luck.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:14:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

In answer to your comments, please see the post:
.
.
"Anonymous Rex"Regards,
Xinfinitum

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home