Double To A Million Plan: Step 16 - Why Rules Anyway?

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Step 16 - Why Rules Anyway?

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps

Rules are good for certain conditions.

One is as I described in my Blog Post...Competition.

When people compete they need ground rules that everyone must follow for it to be fair and equitable, for there to be a measurable outcome of comparison.

But since this isn't a competition then the rules are irrelevant.

Rules are important when people need to work together, you need rules for Unity. If you have rules and others do not follow them, then trust breaks down between parties thus unity and cohesion goes out the window.

If you are trying to have unity without a common set of rules you end up with chaos and bedlam.
But since the doublers are all individuals, teamwork is not a factor. Being unified in a common goal is irrelevant, then the rules do not apply for these purposes.

The rules are good for comparison of two or more separate sources apart from competition. If it is useful to compare progress, improvement or other quantifiable measurements then a set of ground rule or criteria need to be adhered to in order that an accurate comparison can be made.

Rules limit factors that need to be judged for an outcome.

But again, since no measurements need to be made and random factors do not have to be quantified then the rules are irrelevant.

I think in this case the Rules are good for establishing a foundation upon which to judge the consequences of self-discipline which is a large factor when dealing with the area of financial success.

The Rules, whether those directed in the report or those established by each individual, provide a point of reference or more so a guard rail that keeps the candidate driving on the road and between the lines. They help to keep the person on the straight and narrow way to success.

Humans have a tendency to get easily distracted. Without a good solid set of disciplinary rules, when a pretty shiny bobble subtly manifests itself, they are off to pursue it.

The rules help keep us in line and on target.

Present Stake: $207.87

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum


This Doubling Blog is based upon the Doubling Plan "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". It is an attempt to "Double Your Way to a Million" by going from one penny to one million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching $1,000,000.

How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan

"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger One Green-Paper Flip said...

Interesting.

I see the rules (whether in the report or not) in this project to be there for a completely different reason. I see them there so that my personal finances are not affected. If I don't follow the rule of keeping things separate then there is a serious danger that your double project may place your personal well being at risk. If I have a leak from my personal finances into my double-up, especially one I don't realise, then it is possible that I may be missing my rent money, or food money after a few months. For me it has nothing to do with aligning me with competitors and everything to do with not screwing up my own life at the expense of this project.

Flip

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

The reasons you state are why I say that the Rules are for Self-Discipline. One aspect is to help us not to do something that would jeopardize the Double Up plan or our personal finances. You state, "If I don't follow the rule of keeping things separate then there is a serious danger that your double project may place your personal well being at risk."

This is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned about the slippery slope in the forum. Mixing our personal transactions with our double-up transactions or the double-up money can open the door to the leaks you are talking about. One aspect of the Rules are that they are there to help us be disciplined to keep that money separate and not jeopardize our personal finances.

The competitive aspect was just my own personal issue that needed to be dealt with. That issue has been put to rest, finally!

Each doubler need to examine where they are at in regards to the rules and establish what they want to do with them. I think the Author wrote those rules due to experience and instinct and inspiration or some combination of those things, so they are probably there for good reason.

Personally, I just decided I wasn’t going to reinvent the wheel, like I had so many times in the past and just follow the rules as they were laid out.

Xinfinitum

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel. said...

Hi There,

Just wanted to reiterate that I meant no offence through the Rule nazi comments. I was actually making fun of myself for following so stringently (down to charging for time used to list auctions !!)

Hope my last post on the forum covers this :D

I felt somewhat guilty about starting at $2.70 but the rules clearly stated that found money is to be added to the stake...
Then, I also recently started from zero again while waiting for the watches to sell so I'm over worrying about that :)

I've just started to read your blog all the way through... great reading !!

Rachel.

The Doubling Challenge

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Rachel,

No offense taken. The whole Coupon/Rule thing got me thinking of all kinds of things that I wanted to write about.

I wrote back to you on the forum. Thanks for posting what you did.

Also thanks for reading my Blog.

Xinfinitum

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Mike Perry said...

I love reading these doubling blogs. I did it a few years back but got sidetracked.

The thing is that when you are doubling, and looking for ways to do this, all sorts of ideas come about in the mind that were previously overlooked.

I've found that lots of people therefore may not reach the final steps but they still achieve great things - from the ideas that come to them.

Lots of luck,
Mike.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger A Money Hungry Man said...

Off the subject....

How can I add your blog to my blog? My blog is the Common Currentsea blog. I'm dollar savvy, but far from technical savvy.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Money Hungry Man,

There are different ways to add links depending upon which template you have chosen.

I am unfamiliar with your template but all you should need to do to add a link is:

(1). Sign into blogger and go into your dashboard.

(2). Select Template and look at the code for where there is something regarding the links that are already listed on your site.

(3). Go to the Doubler's Den under Help, Advice and Support and look for the code to enter.

That should do it, although you may have to experiment a bit.

If you have any trouble, please come to the Doubler's Den forum and we can talk about trying to make it work.

Thanks.

Xinfinitum

Monday, February 12, 2007 10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home