Double To A Million Plan: Step Fifteen - A Pile of Trash

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Step Fifteen - A Pile of Trash

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps


In some respects I am getting good at Alchemy. Turning Piles of Garbage into Silver and Gold. Well, its not quite gold, more like green cloth and the silver is mostly zinc or nickel and a little copper.

Overall, progress is being made, albeit slowly.

As reported in the "Time Line" I found a penny ($0.01) at Wendy's on October 15th bringing the total to $129.36

I have also been out collecting more bottles and cans for return. I picked up nearly four more trash bags full but the yield on actual returnables this time was not very good. A little over 100. So I have a little over 300 more to return at this point.

Here is a picture of the bottles and cans before turning them in.


I have also been collecting the "non-returnable" aluminum cans in the hopes of finding a metal collection place that might pay me by the pound for them.

I thought I would throw in a picture of the pile of them as well.


Bottle and Can collecting is becoming more difficult due to time constraints, colder weather starting to arrive, trouble with Frozen Shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) which is very painful as well as severe pain in my feet and ankles which makes walking very difficult. The doctor took X-Rays and I need physical therapy to see if some of these things can be corrected.

Mostly I am just plain sick and tired of smelling like old beer and wet dirt.

Despite the fact I had to crawl through the woods and swampy areas filled with lyme disease carrying deer ticks, I persevered. Just recently, during one of my scavenger hunts, I quickly looked down and thought I saw the reflection of a can out of the corner of my eye and started to grab it when it decided to move. It was actually a snake and it wasn't pleased that I considered it a Budweiser. We both jumped, that is if snakes can jump without legs.

Anyways, Step Sixteen is so close I can taste it. I just need to keep moving forward.

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum

How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan


"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Mackenzie said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. That is an impressive collection of cans and bottles, saving the environment on your way to the million, good job man.
Peter

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Thanks.

:-)

Xinfinitum

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home