Double To A Million Plan: Double To A Million - Step 19 - 2nd Year Anniversary or....

Double To A Million Plan

Double Your Way To A Million
DTAMP
Starting with Nothing, Ending with a Million Dollars.

Author: Xinfinitum

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Double To A Million - Step 19 - 2nd Year Anniversary or....

How To Double Your Way To A Million In 28 Steps
The Official Blog for the "My One Million Friends" Website

....a Typical DTAMP Major Setback in Progress.

As of August 2nd, 2008, DTAMP, (the Double To A Million Plan or How to drive yourself crazy without even trying) reached its 2nd year anniversary. I planned on putting up a blog on that day but times have been difficult and as you will see from the financial circumstances I was struggling with the outcome of some of the trades that the DTAMP money was in.

After wrestling with this dilemma for a long time (months and months), I decided to clear the board and take the losses on two of the largest trades I was in.

I am going into my third year of DTAMP on a sour and painful note. Although I am still able to hold on to my Step 19 level, the shame of the setback must be faced.

Here is the outcome of the two trades:

DTAMP Equities Plan Report:

(DMF = DTAMP Mutual Fund)

10/24/07 - Buy - 23.137 shares of DMF @ $31.92 p/s - Total $738.53
08/04/08 - Sold - 23.137 shares of DMF @ $22.67 p/s - Total $524.52
Total (-$214.01) - ($0.00) Fees = (-$214.01)
Net Gain of (-27.97783)% in the Amount of (-$214.01)

(DMF2 = DTAMP Mutual Fund)

01/03/08 - Buy - 13.135 shares of DMF2 @ $22.59 p/s - Total $296.72
08/04/08 - Sold - 13.135 shares of DMF2 @ $19.32 p/s - Total $253.77
Total (-$42.95) - ($0.00) Fees = (-$42.95)
Net Gain of (-14.47493)% in the Amount of (-$42.95)

Total loss of: $(-256.96)

Unfortunately, it will take time to heal from the wounds inflicted during 2008 and some bad decisions that I made. I am in the progress of pulling back and regrouping and studying things with a more critical eye. Setbacks like this can cause severe damage to the financial bottom line with a project as precarious as DTAMP.

Of course, if it was easy, everyone would do it.....but it is nearly impossible so why don't I give it a try. What was I thinking?

Present Stake: $1404.75

Motto: It is only "one" found penny.
Slogan: As Simple As Finding A Penny.

Regards,

Xinfinitum


This Doubling Blog is based upon the Doubling Plan "How to Double Your Way to a £Million in 28 Steps". It is an attempt to "Double Your Way to a Million" by going from one penny to one million dollars, starting from nothing. At the beginning you start by finding a penny and then double a penny until reaching $1,000,000.

How to Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps
D.T.A.M.P. - Double To A Million Plan

"For The Next Chronological Post Click Here"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Set backs happen to us all.

Have you cnsidered expanding your portfolio of activities to local trading as well as stock?

One nice little earner is called the clean up and it works like this - you go to a boot fair and at the end offer a small ammount (say $5) for all the remaining junk that other people can not sell most people are glad to be rid of it and so you make some quick buys. Then you take it all home, sort through it all and go to a different boot fair the next day. This time however you have a pitch booked and you arrive as early as you can and set things out way, way ahead of time.

At most boot fairs specilists will come arround and buy things from other sellers. Some people pack up and go home before it even opens.

The secret is to not put a price on anything and to use your poker face throughout - this forces the "expert" to make an offer.

Anyway I'm sure you know how to keep going - you have gotten this far.

I'll be giving away some ebooks soon on the subject of good ideas for inventive doubling.

Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the interesting suggestion. I have done flea markets in the past and have seen this thing happen. Sold many of my items early on, probably to experienced marketers. :)

Thanks,
Xinfinitum

Monday, August 11, 2008 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Globetrot said...

Hello, your blog is very well laid out and informative! I'm looking to build more backlinks to my blog about the gold market, so if you'd like to exhange links let me know.

http://the-gold-market.blogspot.com

Leave me a comment if you're interested. Thanks!

Thursday, August 14, 2008 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Xinfinitum said...

Hi Mild Seven,

Thanks for the compliment on the blog.

I have added your link to my sidebar under "Other Comrades".

I appreciate the link back.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home